Huawei has officially released the Lollipop update (version B850) for the Chinese variants of its Ascend Mate 2 smartphone. You can download the full firmware package of this update for your model here.
- Device: Huawei Ascend Mate 2
- Model(s): MT2-L01/MT2-L02/MT2-L05/MT2-CL00
- Android: v5.1 Lollipop
- EMUI: 3.1
- Firmware: B850
- Build: C92B850/C00B850
- Previous Version: B606
- Region: China
- Date: 19.10.2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Availability: OTA + Manual download
- MT2-CL00: Official Mirror | Size: 1.23 GB
- MT2-L05: Official Mirror | Size: 1.08 GB
- MT2-L01/MT2-L02: Official Mirror | Size: 1.22 GB
How to Install
Note: This firmware cannot be installed on the international variants of Mate 2. Only apply this firmware after matching the model and firmware market number (Eg. C92Bxx)
- Connect your Ascend Mate 2 to your PC in MTP mode. Make sure its microSD card has FAT32 filesystem formatting.
- Download the appropriate firmware package and unzip it on your computer.
- Transfer the extracted ‘dload’ folder to your phone’s SD card. Don’t place it inside any folder.
- Now, open Settings > Updates > Menu > Local Update. Tap the Update.app file and install it.
- Your phone should automatically reboot into recovery and flash this update.
- Forced Upgrade: After copying dload, unplug the USB can turn off your phone. Now boot by holding Vol up + Vol down + Power for a couple of secs.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.