Huawei started seeding the B310 Android 5.1 Lollipop update to the Russian Honor 4X a couple of days ago via OTA. You can now download its full Update.app firmware image and flash it over any KitKat version you want.
- Device: Huawei Honor 4X
- Model: Che2-L11
- Codename: CherryPlus
- Android: v5.1 Lollipop
- EMUI: 3.1
- Firmware: B310
- Build: Che2-L11C10B310
- Cust Number: CUSTC10D002
- Code: 05012WLX
- Region: Russia
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Date: 28.10.2015
- File Name: CherryPlus-L11_C10B310CUSTC10D002_Firmware_Russian Federation_Channel-Others_Android 5.1_EMUI 3.1_05012WLX.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 1.41 GB
How to Install
Flashing this firmware doesn’t require any specific KitKat version but you have to make sure that your device is Che2-L11 and it has C10Bxx build number.
- Download the Zip package from above and extract ‘dload’ folder from it. This ‘dload’ folder contains Update.app package.
- Connect your Honor 4X to your computer in mass storage mode.
- Copy the ‘dload’ folder to the main folder of your phone’s external microSD card.
- Now open the Updater app. Tap Menu > Local update, select the full Update.app package that’s shown on the screen and confirm its installation.
- Your phone will automatically reboot into its recovery mode and flash the new firmware.
- Forced Upgrade: Copy the ‘dload’ folder to external microSD card and turn off your phone. Now boot your phone while holding Vol up + Vol down + Power. Release the Power button upon vibration but keep holding the volume keys till the installation starts.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.