Huawei Honor 4X Che2-L12 is officially getting updated to C636B320 Android 5.1 Lollipop OS (Emotion UI 3.1) in Thailand. This update is being rolled out via OTA but you can also download the full firmware package as Update.app here and install it manually.
- Device: Huawei Honor 4X
- Codename: Cherry
- Model: Che2-L12
- Android: v5.1 Lollipop
- EMUI: 3.1
- Firmware: B320
- Build: Che2-L12C636B320
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Date: 15.10.2015
- Region: Thailand
- Availability: Manual Download + OTA
- File Name: HUAWEI_Che2-L12_Firmware_Android 5.1_EMUI 3.1_C636B320_Thailand_Channel-Others.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 1.40 GB
How to Update
- To check if your phone is compatible with this firmware, make sure it is Che2-L12 and its current firmware has C636 market number (international users can try this too).
- Connect your phone to your PC in MTP mode.
- Download the firmware package from above and extract it.
- Copy the extracted ‘dload’ folder to the root (top level directory) to the phone’s external SD card.
- After that, go to Settings > Updates > Menu > Local Update. Tap the update and install it.
- Your Honor 4X will automatically reboot and flash the firmware through its recovery (oh yeah, you’re gonna need stock recovery for this).
- Forced upgrade: Copy the dload folder, unplug the USB cable and reboot your phone while holding Vol up + Vol down + Power. Release the power button when the phone vibrates.
Don’t forget to share your experience with the update!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.