An unofficial stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware (version 20A) has been leaked online by developers over at XDA ahead of official release. You can download this update as both KDZ and TWRP-flashable Zip package here.
- Device: LG G4
- Model: H815
- Android: v6.0 Marshmallow
- Firmware: 20A
- Previous Version: 10E
- Status: Unofficial
- Type: KDZ + Flashable Zip
- Date: 25.10.2015
- Availability: Manual Download
- Uploaders: autoprime/S3V3N
- Full stock package: Download Here | Size: 1.5 GB
2. Flashable Zip Files
- Stock System: Download Here | Size: 1.3 GB
- Modem: Download Here | Size: 39.3 MB
- Repacked Boot (Rooted): Download Here | Size: 13.1 MB
- Bootloader Files: Download Here | Size: 35.4 MB
- SuperSU (Beta): Download Here | Size: 3.8 MB
Note: It seems like the KDZ is causing problems with current version of LG’s Flash tool. Even if you’re able to upgrade through Flashtool you won’t be able to use it again for downgrading.
How to Update via TWRP
- LG G4 H815 variant (It will NOT work on any other model)
- Unlocked bootloader
- Latest version of TWRP
- Flashable partitions (download from above)
- Full Nandroid backup of all existing partitions
- At least 50% battery
Step 1: Copy all the downloaded Zip files to your phone’s internal memory or SD card.
Step 2: Unplug the USB cable and reboot your device in recovery mode. Make sure you have the latest version of TWRP.
Step 3: In the main menu, tap “Install” and select System Zip package. Tap “Add more zips” and select other Zip files. Repeat this step till you have added System, Modem and Boot Zips. Do not select bootloader and SuperSU right now.
Step 4: Swipe to confirm the installation. Upon completion, return to the main screen, tap reboot and restart your phone in recovery mode again.
Step 5: This time install the Bootloader and SuperSU Zip files. Now your phone will be running rooted Marshmallow and won’t lose TWRP upon reboot.
If you want to downgrade then simply restore your Nandroid backup and flash your previous firmware’s bootloader/modem.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.