TWRP 220.127.116.11 touch recovery has officially been released for the Google Nexus 6P (codenamed Angler). You can download this recovery in image format here and flash it via Fastboot.
- Device: Huawei Nexus 6P
- Codename: Angler
- Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project
- Version: v18.104.22.168
- Android: v6.0.0 Marshmallow
- Developer/Maintainer: Dees_Troy
- Status: Official
- Date: 28.10.2015
- Type: Flashable recovery image
- File Name: twrp-22.214.171.124-angler.img
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 16.4 MB
How to Flash
Note: This version of TWRP currently doesn’t support decryption so you won’t be able to touch the System partition or root your phone without flashing a modified kernel first.
- You should have ADB and Fastboot installed on your computer. Install the latest version of SDK or use a standalone utility.
- Connect your Nexus 6P to your computer over USB. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled from Developer options.
- Download the recovery from above and place it inside the same folder as ADB and Fastboot.
- Now open a command window in that folder (Shift + RMB > Open command window here).
- Execute this command to reboot into the bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
- Now unlock the bootloader (this will wipe your data): fastboot oem unlock
- Finally flash the recovery: fastboot flash recovery twrp-126.96.36.199-angler.img
- You can reboot your phone now: fastboot reboot
- You can also temporarily boot into the recovery: fastboot boot twrp-188.8.131.52-angler.img
That’s all folks! I’ll be posting a modified kernel for decryption and root soon.