The Chinese variants of Huawei Ascend P7 have officially been updated to B851 Android 5.1 Lollipop OS based on Emotion UI 3.1. You can download this update’s full firmware image for your model here.
- Device: Huawei Ascend P7
- Model: P7-L00/P7-L05/P7-L07/P7-L09
- Android: v5.1 Lollipop
- EMUI: 3.1
- Firmware: B851
- Build: C17B851/C92B851
- Previous Version: B617 (KitKat)
- Region: China
- Date: 16.10.2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Availability: OTA + Manual Download
- P7-L00: Official Mirror | Size: 1.12 GB
- P7-L05/P7-L07: Official Mirror | Size: 1.24 GB
- P7-L09: Official Mirror | Size: 1.25 GB
How to Update
Note: This firmware can only be installed on the Chinese Ascend P7 variants. Before downloading the firmware, verify your phone’s model from Settings → About Phone. Make sure it’s running stock KitKat OS with unmodified recovery.
- Plug your Ascend P7 into your computer in MTP or mass storage mode.
- Download the appropriate firmware package from above and and extract it.
- Copy the extracted ‘dload’ folder to the root or top level folder of your P7’s external microSD card.
- Now open the Updater app (also accessible from Settings > Updates), tap Menu > Local Update, select the update package and confirm its installation.
- In case local update isn’t available, turn off your phone and reboot while holding Vol up + Vol down and Power button.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.