Here’s the official C900B140 Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware for Huawei G8 (aka RIO-L01). This firmware is available for the Asian Pacific models with C523D001 custom number.
- Device: Huawei G8
- Model: RIO-L01
- Android: v5.1 Lollipop
- EMUI: 3.1
- Firmware: B140
- Build Number: RIO-L01C900B140
- Custom Number: CUSTC523D001
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Country: Indonesia
- Date: 2.11.2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- File Name: Huawei-G8_Firmware_(RIO-L01_C900B140CUSTC523D001_Indonesia_Channel-Others_Android_5.1_EMUI_3.1).rar
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 1.22 GB
How to Install
To avoid any issues you should only install this firmware on RIO-L01 with C900 build and C523D001 cust number.
- Download the rar package from above and extract it.
- Connect your G8 to the computer in file transfer mode over a USB cable.
- Now transfer the extracted ‘dload’ folder to the main folder of your G8’s external microSD card.
- Take a full backup of all your important stuff first!
- Local update: Simply open the Updater app, go to menu > Local update, tap the update package and confirm its installation.
- Forced upgrade: Turn off your phone and then boot by holding Vol up + Vol down + Power. It should automatically trigger the installation of this firmware.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.