Huawei G8 (RIO-L01) is getting updated to C432B160 Lollipop firmware that patches all the security vulnerabilities present in Stagefright 1.0 and Stagefright 2.0 libraries. You can this update’s OTA Zip package below.
- Device: Huawei G8
- Model: RIO-L01
- Android: v5.1.x Lollipop
- EMUI: 3.1
- Firmware: B160
- Build: RIO-L01C432B160
- Region: Europe
- Date: 18.11.2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Incremental OTA
- File Name: update.zip
Download Link: Click here | Size: 114 MB
You can install this OTA on the RIO-L01 with C432Bxx build number only. Here the main installation steps.
- Download the OTA zip package to your PC. Make sure it’s named as ‘update.zip’
- Connect your G8 via USB to the computer in MTP mode.
- Create a new folder ‘dload’ in the main folder of its external microSD card.
- Transfer the downloaded ‘update.zip’ package to that dload directory – without extracting.
- After that disconnect the USB cable and open the Updater app.
- Go to menu > Local update, select the update.zip package and confirm its installation.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.