The Huawei Watch is getting a new over the air update, version LCB43B, based on Android Wear 1.3. This particular build should improve overall sensor accuracy and fitness tracking.
This update is being rolled out in several European countries in phases so, instead of waiting for it to show up, you can easily download it manually via the direct download link provided here.
- Device: Huawei Watch
- OS: Android Wear v1.3
- Android: v5.1.1 Lollipop
- Firmware: LCB43B
- Region: Europe
- Country: Germany
- Date: 27.11.2015
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: Incremental (delta) OTA
- File Name: Update.zip
Download Link: Click here | Size: 53.4 MB
- You should have ADB, Fastboot and Huawei USB drivers installed on your PC. You can use the minimal ADB toolkit too.
- Download the OTA package ‘update.zip’ from above and place it in the same folder as ADB.
- Connect your watch with the computer. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on the watch in developer options.
- Now open a command window in the ADB folder (Shift + RMB > Open command window here).
- Execute this command to verify the USB connection: adb devices
- Now reboot into fastboot mode: adb reboot bootloader
- When your watch reboots into the bootloader, enter the recovery and select the sideload option.
- Finally execute this command to push the update: adb sideload update.zip
- Optimized microphone to improve “OK Google” detection
- Improved fitness tracking (step counting)
- Improved Bluetooth connection stability
- New customizable watch-face
- Enhanced sensor accuracy (by fusion)
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.