Huawei has rolled out the first beta build of Android 6.0 Marshmallow update (C185B511) for its Ascend Mate 7 in Middle Eastern countries via OTA. You can download this update’s incremental Zip package for both the variants below.
- Device: Huawei Ascend Mate 7
- Models: MT7-L09/MT7-TL10
- Android: v6.0 Marshmallow
- EMUI: 4.0
- Firmware: B511
- Build Number: MT7-L09C185B511/MT7-TL10C185B511
- Required Version: B326
- Region: Middle East/Africa
- Country: Egypt
- Date: 21.01.2016
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Incremental OTA
- File Name: update.zip
How to Update
This update requires your Mate 7 to be running the B326 Lollipop firmware with stock recovery and unmodified System partition.
- Download the ‘update.zip’ package for your model from one of the aforementioned links.
- Without extracting the OTA package, transfer it to your phone’s external microSD card. It should be placed inside a folder named ‘dload’.
- Before you flash the update, take a full backup using the Huawei’s native utility.
- Disconnect the USB cable and start the upgrade from Settings > Updates > menu > Local update, choose the update.zip package and start its installation.
- Alternatively, you can simply reboot your phone while holding Vol up + Vol down + Power buttons at same time to automatically trigger the update installation.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.