Official rollout of the first Android 6.0 Marshmallow beta for Honor 6 (H60-L04) has started in India via OTA. This update is based on the new Emotion UI 4.0 interface. You can the incremental Zip package of this update here.
- Device: Huawei Honor 6
- Model: H60-L04
- Android: v6.0 Marshmallow
- EMUI: 4.0
- Firmware: B803
- Build Number: H60-L04C675B803
- Required Version: B550
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Country: India
- Date: 10.01.2016
- Status: Official (Beta)
- Type: Incremental OTA
- File Name: update.zip
Download Link: Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 | Size: ~721 MB
How to Update
Disclaimer: As mentioned earlier, this is a beta build so it is bound to carry bugs that can badly impact the stability of this firmware. Proceed with caution!
- This OTA package can only be installed on H60-L04 running the Indian B550 Lollipop firmware.
- Download the B803 OTA package from above and make sure it’s named as ‘update.zip’.
- Copy this update.zip package to the top directory level of your device’s external microSD card, into a folder named ‘dload’.
- After that disconnect the USB cable and open Updater.
- Tap menu > Local update, select the update.zip package and install it.
- Your phone will automatically reboot into its recovery to start the upgrade process.
- You’re recommended to perform a hard reset to ensure smoother usability.
This OTA is reportedly causing bootloops on several handsets. It’s recommended that you skip this version and wait for the final build to arrive.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.