The 2nd-Gen Motorola Moto G (2014) XT1068 has started receiving the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS soak update over the air in India. It carries build number MPB24 and can be installed on the European handsets too.
- Device: Motorola Moto G 2014
- Model: XT1068
- Codename: Titan
- Android: v6.0 Marshmallow
- Firmware: 24.41.34.en.03
- Previous Version: 22.56.3
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Country: India
- Date: 23.01.2016
- Branding: Retail India
- Build: MPB24.65-34
- Status: Official (soak)
- Type: Incremental OTA
- File Name: Blur_Version.24.41.34.titan_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03.zip
As mentioned in the details above your Moto G already needs to be running the 22.56.3 Lollipop firmware on board. It also requires the stock recovery for the installation of the OTA.
There are several methods to install this OTA:
- Method #1: Simply copy the zip package to your phone’s internal storage or the external microSD card and then check for updates from settings. Follow the onscreen instructions when your phone automatically detect the new update.
- Method #2: You can also install this update from the stock recovery by sideloading it via ADB or installing from local storage or SD card. To install from SD card, copy the OTA package to its top directory level, reboot into the bootloader, enter recovery mode, choose the option to apply update from sd card, select the OTA package and flash it.
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.