Motorola Moto G 2015 XT1550 is getting the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update (version 24.11.25) over the air in India. You can download the OTA Zip package of this update via the direct link provided here.
- Device: Motorola Moto G 2015 (2 GB)
- Model: XT1550
- Codename: Osprey
- Android: v6.0 Marshmallow
- Firmware: 24.11.25.en.03
- Required Version: 23.51.65
- Region: Asia (India)
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: Incremental OTA
- Branding: Retail Asia
- Date: 1.08.2016
- File Name: Blur_Version.23.51.65.osprey_retasia_ds_2gb.retasia.en.03.zip
Download Link: Click here | Size: 445.48 MB
How to Install
You’re going to need the stock Lollipop recovery in order to be able to flash this OTA – TWRP and other custom recoveries won’t work. The system itself should be stock & unmodified too. This update can be installed either by sideloading (requires ADB) or through the SD card. Here’s how you do the latter.
- Download the OTA package “Blur_Version.23.51.65_____2gb.retasia.en.03.zip” from the aforementioned link.
- Copy this OTA package to the main directory of your Moto G’s external microSD card without extracting it.
- Monitor the progress of the transfer. Disconnect the USB cable upon completion.
- Turn the phone off and reboot into the bootloader menu (Volume down + Power).
- Select recovery from the bootloader menu. When you see ‘no command’ press Vol Up while holding the Power button.
- You’ll now enter the stock recovery menu. Go to apply update from sd card, look for the OTA package and confirm its installation.
OTA via asrupesh@XDA
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.