There is a new firmware update available for Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L29), build C432B152, based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Emotion UI 4.0). You can download the full firmware package of this update here.
- Device: Huawei Mate 8
- Model: NXT-L29
- Android: v6.0 Marshmallow
- EMUI: 4.0
- Firmware: B152
- Build Number: NXT-L29C432B152
- Region: Europe
- Status: Unofficial (stable)
- Type: Full firmware image
- Date: 4.02.2016
- Availability: OTA
- File Name: Update.zip
Download Link: Click here | Size: ~1.4 GB
How to Update
You can install this firmware on the NXT-L29 variant of Mate 8 only. You can flash the package through both a custom recovery like TWRP or the stock Marshmallow recovery.
1. Stock Recovery
- Download the firmware Zip package from the aforementioned link and extract its contents.
- Connect your Mate 8 to the computer as a mass storage device.
- Create a new folder named ‘dload’ in the top level directory of your internal memory or microSD card.
- Copy the extracted Update.app (step 1) package to that dload directory.
- Unplug the USB cable and open the Updater app.
- Perform Local update from menu. Do take a backup of your apps and data before proceeding.
2. Custom Recovery (TWRP)
- Download the “update.zip” package from above to your PC.
- Transfer this Zip package to your phone’s microSD card as-is – without extracting.
- Disconnect the USB cable and turn the device off.
- Reboot into the custom recovery by holding Vol up + Power for a few seconds.
- [Recommended] Take a full backup of all your current partitions and store it in an external SD card.
- Return to the main menu, go to Install, locate the update.zip package and flash it.
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.