Huawei has released a new B521 Nougat update (beta) for its European Mate 8 (NXT-L09 & NXT-L29) handsets. This version is based on Huawei’s latest Emotion UI 5.0 interface.
- Device: Huawei Mate 8
- Model: NXT-L09/NXT-L29
- Android: v7.0 Nougat
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B521
- Build: NXT-L09C432B521-log/NXT-L29C432B521-log
- Region: Europe
- Release Date: 11.11.2016
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware package
- File Name: update.zip
You can check out the official changelog of this update here – it’s the same for both update files.
Disclaimer: This is a very early build of EMUI 5.0 released by Huawei for testing purposes only. It appears to be having issues with Bluetooth and SIM compatibility, among other bugs. Only install this firmware if you’re comfortable reviving your phone back in case of a brick. You proceed entirely at your own risk!
How to Install
Compatibility: This update is intended for the European variant (C432) of Mate 8 only.
1. Dload Method
- Download the appropriate update package and extract its contents.
- Create a new folder “dload” (if there isn’t one already) in the external microSD card or internal memory of your device.
- Copy the extracted Update.app package to the new dload folder.
- Now enter *#*#2846579#*#* in the dialer.
- In the Project Menu, go to Software upgrade > SDCard Upgrade > “Ok”
2. TWRP Method
In case you’re using another regional variant (eg. C185/C636) or if, for some reason, the update fails to install then you’ll need to flash the entire update.zip package using TWRP and perform a factory reset afterwards.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.