Huawei has released a new Android 7.0 Nougat beta update – version B320 – for the US based Honor 8 (FRD-L04) handsets enrolled in their beta-testing program. This update is being rolled out via OTA but you can also download it as a flashable firmware package and install it on your device manually.
- Device: Huawei Honor 8
- Model: FRD-L04
- Android: v7.0 Nougat
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B320
- Build Number: FRD-L04C567B320
- Region: USA
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware package
- File Name: update.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror (HiCloud) | Size: 1.4 GB
Region Patch: update_data_full_hw_usa.zip (781 MB)
Warning: As mentioned earlier, this is a beta update that contains many bugs and has several compatibility issues with hardware and 3rd party apps. Try it entirely at your own risk!
How to Update
- Requirements: Your device needs to have TWRP custom recovery installed and has to be rooted.
- Before proceeding make sure that your device model is FRD-L04 from Settings > About phone.
- Download the update.zip package from above and copy it to your phone.
- Turn your phone off and reboot into recovery mode by hold Vol up + Power for a few seconds.
- Back up all the partitions into the external microSD card (recommended).
- Now go to Install and select the update.zip package you copied to your device.
- Upon installation wipe the cache and reboot your phone.
- In case you encounter issues with Bluetooth, NFC, etc you can try flashing the region package provided above through TWRP.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.