Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L09) has received another iteration of beta Nougat update, version B580, in the Asian Pacific region. This update aims to improve power consumption, increase the voice recognition speed of HiVoice and apply the latest security patches.
- Device: Huawei Mate 8
- Model: NXT-L09
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B580
- Build Number: NXT-L09C636B580
- Security Patch Level: March 1, 2017
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Release Date: 1.04.2017
- Status: Official (beta)
- Filename: update.zip
- Cust Filename: update_full_hw_spcseas.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 1.3 GB
Asia Cust: Download Here | Size: 384 MB
Disclaimer: As mentioned earlier, this update is in beta stage which means that it contains bugs that can have an impact on the stability and usability of the device. In addition to that, it might throw an error if installed using the stock recovery.
Compatibility Note: This update can only be installed on devices that are already running an Asian (C636) based firmware.
- In this method, you’ll need to have a custom recovery like TWRP installed (check XDA).
- Download both the “update.zip” and “update_full_hw_spcseas.zip” from the links provided here and copy them to your phone without extracting.
- Turn your device off and reboot into recovery mode.
- Before proceeding, take a full backup of all the partitions from the backup menu.
- Next, return to the main screen, go to install and select the “update.zip” package.
- After that, install “update_full_hw_spcseas.zip” the same way.
- Return to the main screen and reboot your device normally.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.