You can now update your Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21) to the new B596 Marshmallow firmware released in Europe. This update comes with a number of feature updates for native apps and a security patch level of April 1.
- Device: Huawei P8 Lite (Dual-SIM)
- Model: ALE-L21
- Android: 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- EMUI: 4.0
- Version: MRA58K
- Firmware: B596
- Build Number: ALE-L21C432B596
- Cust Number: CUSTC432D001
- Security Patch Level: April 1, 2017
- Region: Europe
- Release Date: 28.03.2017
- Status: Official (stable)
- Type: Full firmware package
- File Name: update.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror (HiCloud) | Size: 1.5 GB
- Download the update.zip package from above and extract it.
- Create a new folder “dload” in the internal memory of your device.
- Copy UPDATE.APP package you extracted in the first step and copy it to the new “dload” folder.
- Take a full backup of your existing data using the native Backup app.
- Now unplug the USB cable and open the dialer app on your phone.
- Using the dialer, enter *#*#2846579#*#* to open the Project Menu.
- Go to Software Update > SD Card update > “Ok”.
- Your device will automatically reboot and install the new update.
› Adds more years to the perpetual calendar
› Adds Local calendar and Global holidays in Calendar
› Adds a feature to prioritize emails
› Optimizes email login by configuring parameters automatically
› Optimizes the Themes icon to be more consistent with the system
› Improved device security with Google security patches
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.