There is a new Nougat beta update available for the Russian Huawei P9 (EVA-L19), carrying version number B380. This particular build should improve your phone’s power consumption, apply the latest security patches and increase HiVoice’s speed.
- Device: Huawei P9
- Model: EVA-L19
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B380
- Build Number: EVA-L19C10B380
- Security Patch Level: April 1, 2017
- Region: Russia
- Status: Official (beta)
- Release Date: 1.04.2017
- Type: Full firmware image/OTA
- File Name: update.zip
- Cust File Name: update_full_hw_ru.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 1.3 GB
Russia Cust: Download here | Size: 654 MB
Disclaimer: As this update is currently in beta stage, it may contain bugs that can affect system stability, performance and usability of certain apps. Proceed at your own risk!
How to Update
This method requires your phone to have a custom recovery like TWRP installed which, in turn, needs an unlocked bootloader. When you’re all set just follow these steps to install the new update:
- Download “update.zip” and “update_full_hw_ru.zip” files from above and copy them to your phone as-is (without extracting).
- Unplug the USB cable and reboot your phone in recovery mode.
- Once you’re in TWRP, the first thing that you need to do is take a full backup of all the partitions and store them in the external memory.
- Now, go to Install, local the “update.zip” package and confirm its installation.
- Repeat the above step and this time install the second package (update_full_hw_ru.zip).
- Upon completion, reboot your device normally.
Changelog: You can read the full changelog here.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.