Huawei Honor 6X (BLN-L21) can now be updated to B160 Marshmallow update that has officially been released online via OTA in the Middle East. This firmware comes with a couple of bug-fixes and applies this month’s security patches.
- Device: Huawei Honor 6X
- Model: BLN-L21
- Android: 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Version: MRA58K
- EMUI: 4.x
- Firmware: B160
- Build Number: BLN-L21C185B160
- Security Patch Level: May 5, 2017
- Build Date: Thu May 18 19:24:50 CST 2017
- Region: Middle East
- Status: Official (stable)
- Type: Full firmware package
- Release Date: 19.05.2017
- File Name: update.zip
Note: Before installing this update, make sure you have the BLN-L21 variant of Honor 6X and it’s already running a C185 based build.
1. Stock Recovery Method
- Download the update.zip package provided above and extract the UPDATE.APP file from it.
- Connect your device to the PC in mass storage mode and create a new folder “dload” in the external microSD card.
- Transfer the extracted UPDATE.APP file to the new dload folder.
- Unplug the USB cable and turn your phone off.
- Now hold Vol down + Vol up + Power simultaneously for a few seconds until the device begins to update.
2. TWRP Method
This method requires your phone to have a custom recovery like TWRP and an unlocked bootloader.
- Download update.zip and update_data_full_hw_meafnaf.zip files from the links provided above and transfer them to your phone (without extracting).
- Disconnect all the cables and turn your phone off.
- Now, reboot into TWRP by holding Vol up + Power for a few seconds.
- You’re recommended to take a full backup and perform a factory reset before proceeding.
- Tap “Install”, select the update.zip package and flash it. Upon completion, install the other zip package too.
- Finally, return to the main screen and reboot your phone into the system.
Official Changelog: You can read the full changelog of this update on this page.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.