There’s a new beta version of Nougat, build B385, available for Huawei Honor 8 (FRD-L09) handsets based in Middle Eastern countries. This update carries security patch level of April 5 and is available to download as a full firmware package.
- Device: Huawei Honor 8
- Model: FRD-L09
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B385
- Build number: FRD-L09C185B385
- Security Patch Level: April 5, 2017
- Region: Middle East
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware image
- Release Date: 3.05.2017
- File Name: update.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 1.3 GB
Cust Package: Official Mirror | Size: 556 MB
- Unlocked bootloader
- TWRP custom recovery
- Full backup of existing apps and data
- At least 50% remaining battery charge
- Download the update.zip and cust package from the aforementioned links and transfer them to your phone.
- Disconnect the USB cable and power your phone off.
- Now, boot into TWRP by holding Volume up + Power for a few seconds.
- After taking a full backup, go to Install and flash the update.zip package.
- If the installation is successful, install the second package (update_full_FRD-L09_hw_meafnaf.zip) the same way.
- Return to the main menu and reboot your phone normally. In case you’re stuck in a bootloop, performing a factory reset through the recovery might help.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.