There is a new B388 update available for Huawei P9 (EVA-L19) handsets in Middle Eastern countries. This firmware is aimed at optimizing power consumption, improving HiVoice and integrating the latest Google security patches. You can download the full firmware package of this update using the links provided below.
- Device: Huawei P9
- Model: EVA-L19
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B388
- Build Number: EVA-L19C185B388
- Security Patch Level: 5-05-2017
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware update
- Region: Middle East
- Release Date: 18.05.2017
- File Name: update.zip
Compatibility: This update only works with EVA-L19 devices already running a C185 based firmware. Make sure you’ve installed the TWRP custom recovery and have the bootloader unlocked.
- Download the update files provided above and transfer them to your phone’s memory.
- Turn your phone off and reboot into TWRP by simultaneously holding Vol up + Power for a few seconds.
- [Optional] Take a full backup of all the partitions and save it in the external microSD card.
- You’re also recommended to perform a factory reset before proceeding.
- Now, go to Install and confirm the installation of the update.zip file.
- After that, install the remaining two zip files (cust and public data) by repeating the previous step.
- Finally, return to the main screen and reboot your phone into the system.
Official Changelog: You can read the full changelog of this update on this page.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.