Huawei P10 (VTR-L09) handsets on EE network in UK have received a new beta update, version B131, via OTA. This update improves device stability and features Android security patch level of June 5, 2017.
- Device: Huawei P10
- Model: VTR-L09
- Carrier: EE UK
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.1
- Firmware: B131
- Build Number: VTR-L09C440B131
- Security Patch Level: June 5, 2017
- Build Date: Thu Jun 8 09:05:10 CST 2017
- Region: UK
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware OTA (MF)
- Release Date: 9.06.2017
- Filename: update.zip
- Update.zip: Official Mirror | Size: 2.0 GB
- Public Data: Official Mirror | Size: 135 MB | Rename to update_data_public.zip
- Cust Package: Official Mirror | Size: 832 MB | Rename to update_all_hw.zip
How to Update
- Huawei P10 updater tool – download here
- Windows PC with ADB & Fastboot drivers
- Full backup (nandroid) taken through TWRP
- Your phone should already have C440 based firmware – You’ll need to rebrand in case you’re coming from another region
Step 1. Create a new folder named “HWOTA” in the external microSD card of your phone.
Step 2. Download the firmware zip files via the links provided above and copy them to the HWOTA folder you created in the previous step.
Step 3. Download the updater tool provided above in the requirements and extract the HWOTA folder from it to your desktop.
Step 4. Unplug the USB cable and power off your device. Then, reconnect the cable while holding Volume down key until the device boots into fastboot mode.
Step 5. Open the HWOTA folder on your computer and execute the update.bat file as administrator.
Step 6. When the updater tool opens and asks you to reboot into fastboot mode, simply press the Enter key to continue.
Step 7. The script will replace your phone’s recovery and then tell you to reboot into TWRP mode. Disconnect the USB cable, power the device off by holding the Power button and then reboot into TWRP mode by holding Vol up + Power simultaneously for a few seconds.
Step 8. Once you’re in TWRP mode, reconnect the USB cable and press the Enter key twice on your computer.
Step 9. For update source selection, type 1 and press Enter.
Step 10. Next, in update type selection, again type in 1 and press the Enter key.
Your phone will now reboot into its recovery and automatically start the update installation. You can now unplug the USB cable from your device.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.