Huawei P9 (EVA-L19) can now be updated to B386 Nougat update (still a beta) officially released for Asian Pacific region. This firmware is mainly a security update that will bump the Android security patch level to May 5, 2017.
- Device: Huawei P9
- Model: EVA-L19
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B386
- Build Number: EVA-L19C636B386
- Security Patch Level: May 5, 2017
- Build Date: Fri May 26 15:27:39 CST 2017
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware OTA
- Release Date: 31.05.2017
- File Name: update.zip
How to Update
Before installing this update, make sure you have the Asian EVA-L19 variant that’s already running a C636 based firmware.
1. TWRP Method
- For this procedure, your phone needs to have TWRP custom recovery with unlocked bootloader.
- Download the three zip files provided above and transfer them to your phone’s internal memory or the external microSD card.
- Disconnect the USB cable and turn your phone off.
- Now, hold Vol up + Power simultaneously for a few seconds until your device boots into TWRP.
- In TWRP, take a full backup of all the partitions.
- Go to Install, find the update.zip package you copied earlier and flash it.
- Upon completion, install the other two zip files (Cust and Public packages).
- Finally, return to the main screen and reboot into the system.
2. FF Method
Step 1: For this method, download and install the Firmware Finder app from the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Open the app, go to its settings and enable “Use proxy for install” – tap the download addon button when prompted and then install that addon too.
Step 3: Now, go to Settings > Wifi > Tap & hold the network you’re connected to > Modify network > Show Advanced options > Manual. Here, enter localhost for Proxy hostname and 8080 for Proxy port. Finally, tap Save (or Connect) to exit.
Step 4: Next, reopen the Firmware Finder app, select the full version of B386 firmware (make sure it matches your current model and build) and send it to the firmware updater.
Step 5: Go to Settings > Updater – it should now look for an update. When it finds the update, again go to Wifi settings and disable the proxy (Wifi > Modify network > Proxy > None > Save).
Step 6: Finally, return to the Updater, download the update and confirm its installation.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.