The European Huawei P9 (EVA-L09) variant has received a new B387 Nougat based firmware update (beta) via OTA. This update comes with an Android security patch level of May 5, 2017.
- Device: Huawei P9
- Model: EVA-L09
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B387
- Build Number: EVA-L09C432B387
- Security Patch Level: May 5, 2017
- Build Date: Fri May 26 15:27:39 CST 2017
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware OTA
- Release Date: 1.06.2017
- File Name: update.zip
- Update.zip: Official Mirror | Size: 1.3 GB
- Public Data Package: Official Mirror | Size: 378 MB
- Cust Package: Official Mirror | Size: 647 MB
How to Update
- Make sure your device is already running a C432 based firmware and has a custom recovery like TWRP installed (requires unlocked bootloader).
- Download the update files provided above and copy them to your phone’s memory (without extracting).
- Turn your device off.
- Boot into TWRP by holding Vol up + Power for a few seconds.
- Take a full backup through TWRP before proceeding.
- From the main screen, go to Install, find the update.zip package and confirm its installation.
- Similarly, install the remaining two update files (cust and public data) and wipe the Dalvik cache afterwards.
- Finally, return to the main screen and reboot into the system.
Note: As this is a multi-file beta update, you may not be able to install it successfully even through TWRP. If that happens, you might wanna try using the Firmware Finder app from the Play store and downloading the MF-PV version of this update (if available) through proxy.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.