Huawei P9 (EVA-L19) handsets in Middle East have a new Nougat based beta update available for them via OTA. This firmware comes with this month’s (June 5) security patches from Google. You can download the full firmware package of this update using the direct download link provided here.
- Device: Huawei P9
- Model: EVA-L19
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B390
- Build Number: EVA-L19C185B390
- Security Patch Level: June 5, 2017
- Region: Middle East
- Release Date: 5.06.2017
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware OTA
- File Name: update.zip
How to Update
Compatibility Note: This update will only work on devices already running a C432 based firmware. Since this is only available as a multi-file download, you might not be able to install it manually using the procedure written here.
- For this procedure, you’ll need TWRP custom recovery and an unlocked bootloader.
- Download the files provided above and copy them to your phone’s memory (without extracting).
- Turn your phone off and reboot into TWRP mode by holding Vol up + Power for a few seconds.
- In TWRP, take a full backup of all the partitions and store it in the external microSD card.
- Go to Install, find the update.zip package and confirm its installation.
- Upon completion, go ahead and flash the remaining two zip files (cust and public data) too. Wipe the dalvik cache after installation
- Finally, return to the main screen and reboot into the system.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.