Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L31) dual-SIM variant has a new firmware update, version B382, available via OTA in Europe. This firmware is currently in beta stage but you can easily download the full OTA using the direct links provided here and install it manually.
- Device: Huawei P9 Lite
- Model: VNS-L31
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.x
- Firmware: B382
- Build Number: VNS-L31C432B382
- Security Patch Level: May 5, 2017
- Region: Europe
- Release Date: 5.06.2017
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware image
- File Name: update.zip
- Update.zip: Official Link | Size: 1.3 GB
- Public Data Package: Official Link | Size: 403 MB
- Cust Package: Official Link | Size: 367 MB
How to Update
1. Using TWRP
- Download the firmware files provided above and copy them to your phone without extracting.
- Unplug the USB cable and turn your phone off.
- Now hold Vol up + Power keys for a few seconds to boot into TWRP mode.
- [Optional] Take a full backup of all the partition images and store it in the external microSD card.
- Next, go to Install and select the update.zip package.
- After that flash the remaining two zip files (public data and cust) and then wipe the dalvik cache.
- Reboot into the system after the installation.
2. Using Firmware Finder
- Search for the ‘Firmware Finder’ app in the Play Store and install it.
- After installation, open the app, go to its settings from the menu and check “Use proxy for install” – allow the app to download & install the proxy addon when you’re requested.
- Next, go to settings → Wifi → tap & hold the current network and choose Modify network → Show Advanced options → Manual.
- Enter the following details in the proxy settings: Proxy hostname: localhost | Proxy port: 8080
- Tap Save (or Connect) to exit the settings.
- Now return to the Firmware Finder app, find the full VNS-L31C432B382 firmware (preferably the MF-PV version) and send it to the firmware updater.
- Open Settings → Updater. When an update is available, disable proxy from the Wifi settings (Hold the current network → Modify network → Proxy → None → Save/Connect).
- After that return to the Updater and confirm the installation of the new update.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.