The single-SIM variant of Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L31) can now be updated to B383 beta firmware based on Android 7.0 Nougat. This update comes with May’s security patches and can be downloaded as full OTA via the direct links provided here.
- Device: Huawei P9 Lite Single SIM
- Model: VNS-L31
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B383
- Build Number: VNS-L31C432B383
- Security Patch Level: May 5, 2017
- Release Date: Thu May 25 15:26:59 CST 2017
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware OTA
- Release Date: 5.06.2017
- File Name: update.zip
- Update.zip: Official Mirror | Size: 1.3 GB
- Public Data Package: Official Mirror | Size: 403 MB
- Cust Package: Official Mirror | Size: 367 MB
1. Firmware Finder Method
1. Download & install the Firmware Finder app by Team MT from the Play Store.
2. After installation, open the Firmware Finder app, go to its settings and enable “Use proxy for install” – download and install the proxy addon when prompted by the app.
3. Install the addon when it downloads completely.
4. Next, go to your phone’s settings → Wi-fi → tap & hold the network you’re connected to and select Modify network → Show Advanced options → Manual.
5. Enter the following details to change the proxy settings:
Proxy hostname: localhost
Proxy port: 8080
Tap Save (or Connect) to save the settings.
6. Open the Firmware Finder app, find the full MF-PV version of B383 firmware and send it to the firmware updater.
7. Now go to Settings → Updater. If an update is available, disable the proxy you set earlier (Wifi → Modify network → Proxy → None → Save).
After disabling the proxy, return to the Updater and proceeding to install the new update.
2. Custom Recovery Method
- For this procedure, you’ll require TWRP custom recovery and an unlocked bootloader.
- Download the 3 firmware zip files using the aforementioned links.
- Copy the firmware files (update.zip, public data and cust package) to the internal memory or the external microSD card of your device.
- Unplug the USB cable and turn your device off.
- Reboot into TWRP mode by holding Vol up + Power keys for a few seconds.
- In TWRP, take a full backup and then install the files in this order:
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.