The Asian Pacific Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L22) variant can now be updated to the new B381 update based on Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.0. This particular build doesn’t add new feature enhancements and is only intended as a security update.
- Device: Huawei P9 Lite
- Model: VNS-L22
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B381
- Build number: VNS-L22C636B381
- Security Patch Level: May 5, 2017
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Status: Official (beta)
- Build Date: Thu May 25 15:26:59 CST 2017
- Type: Full firmware OTA (Multi-file)
- Release Date: 31.05.2017
- File Name: update.zip
› Update.zip: Official Link | Size: 1.2 GB
› Cust Package: Official Link | Size: 416 MB
› Public Package: Official Link | Size: 370 MB
1. Custom Recovery Method
- This procedure requires your phone to be running a TWRP custom recovery with unlocked bootloader.
- Download the firmware update zip files provided above and transfer them to your phone.
- Unplug the USB cable and turn your phone off.
- Now, boot into recovery mode by holding Vol up + Power for a few seconds.
- In the recovery, you’re recommended to take a full backup of all the partitions before proceeding.
- Next, go to Install, select the update.zip package and confirm its installation.
- After that, flash the remaining two zip files and reboot into the new system afterwards.
2. Firmware Finder Method
- Download and install the Firmware Finder app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the Firmware Finder app and enable “Use proxy for install” from its settings – allow the app to download the addon when prompted.
- Install the addon when it downloads completely.
- Now, go to your phone’s Settings → Wifi → Modify network (by holding current network) → Show Advanced options → Manual.
- For Proxy hostname, enter localhost and in Proxy port field, enter 8080. Tap Save (or Connect) to exit.
- Reopen the Firmware Finder app, find the full version of VNS-L22C636B381 firmware and send it to the firmware updater.
- Go to Settings → Updater. When an update is found, disable the proxy from the Wifi settings (Wifi → Modify network → Proxy → None → Save).
- Finally, return to the Updater and follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the update.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.