A new Oreo based firmware update, version 18.104.22.1686, is being rolled out to Honor 9 (STF-L09) handsets in European countries. This updates brings several new feature enhancements including a dedicated gaming mode with GPU turbo, improved screen recording & app performance, as well as the latest security patches from Google.
- Device: Honor 9
- Model: STF-L09
- Android: 8.0 (Oreo)
- EMUI: 8.0
- Firmware: 22.214.171.1246
- Build Number: STF-L09 126.96.36.1996(C432)
- Custom Number: CUSTC432D001
- Security Patch Level: October 01, 2018
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (stable)
- Type: Full firmware package
- Release Date: 08.11.2018
Download Link: Click Here | Size: 3.91 GB
- This update is only compatible with the STF-L09 variant of Honor 9. Make sure it’s already running a C432 (European) firmware with stock recovery. Take a full backup of your apps & data before proceeding.
- Download the firmware zip package using the link provided above and extract it on your computer.
- One of the extracted folders will be ‘Software’. Inside Software, you’ll find ‘dload’ which contains all the firmware related files.
- Copy this dload folder to the external microSD card of your device.
- Disconnect the USB cable and turn your phone off.
- Now, press and hold Volume up + Volume down + Power keys for a few seconds to kickstart the upgrade. It will take a few minutes for the installation to finish. Once it does, you can verify the new firmware version from Settings > System > About phone.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.