Huawei has officially kickstarted the rollout of EMUI 10.1 for its Mate 20 Pro handsets in European countries via OTA, starting with Bulgaria. This firmware (version 10.1.0.270) weighs around 4.7 GB and comes with Android security patch level of June 1, 2020.
- Device: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Model: LYA-L29
- Android: 10
- EMUI: 10.1
- Firmware: 10.1.0.270
- Build Number: LYA-L29 10.1.0.270(C432)
- Cust Number: C432E7R1P5
- Android Security Patch: June 1, 2020
- Release Date: 20/06/2020
- Region: Bulgaria
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: ~4.70 GB
How to Update
As with all OTAs, this update is being rolled out throughout Europe in stages and might take a couple of weeks before it reaches your device. You can, however, manually trigger an update check through the Settings or the HiCare app
1. HiCare App
- Open the HiCare/Support app.
- Go to Quick Services.
- Open ‘More’.
- Tap ‘Update’.
2. Through Update Utility
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Open ‘System Update’.
- Tap ‘Check for Updates’.
- Press Download & Install if the update is available
This update introduces EMUI 10.1, designed to deliver a finer-tuned user experience with a higher performance and more secure system. This operating system, based on distributed technologies, enables you to seamlessly interact across devices and enjoy a diverse range of features, including mobile office, in different scenarios. Install this update to facilitate a more intelligent life style.
1. Quality user interface
- [Always On Display] Allows the Always On Display clock to change colors dynamically based on the time of day. You can also download more styles from the Themes app. Adds a tri-dimensional clock style option to Always On Display.
- [Fingerprint animation] Adds three fingerprint unlock animation options.
- [Multi-Window] Allows you to multitask with ease in Split-screen mode, and send messages using a floating window while watching videos or playing games. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and pause to display the Multi-Window dock. Hold an app icon in the dock and drag it to the side of the screen to enter split-screen view, or touch an app icon to display it in a floating window.
2. Convenient Multi-Device Collaboration
- [Call answering] Allows you to pick up voice and video calls on your phone from your Huawei laptop.
- [File editing] Allows you to directly read and edit files on your phone from your Huawei laptop and share your phone’s network.
3. Full security
- [Privacy compliance certification] Obtained the ISO/IEC 27701 certification.
- [Security] Integrates Android security patches released in June 2020 for improved system security.
4. More handy features
- [System performance] Optimizes the deterministic latency engine to provide you with a smoother system user experience.
- [Battery] Adds the Smart Charge mode, reducing battery aging by adapting to your charging routine through AI learning and preventing the battery from being continuously charged when full. (This feature is enabled by default.)
- [HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY] Adds HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY to the home screen, providing smart reminders, personalized news, and other content relevant to you.
- [Apps] Adds the HUAWEI Browser app, providing you with an all-new web browsing and searching experience.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.