Huawei Nova 5T (YAL-L21) has officially started receiving the new EMUI 10.1 update, version 10.1.0.221, in several Asian Pacific countries via OTA. You can find the full technical details and the official changelog of this update below.
- Device: Huawei Nova 5T
- Model: YAL-L21
- Android: 10
- EMUI: 10.1
- Firmware: 10.1.0.221
- Build Number: YAL-L21 10.1.0.221(C636)
- Cust Number: C636E3R1P1
- Android Security Patch: May 1, 2020
- Release Date: 27/06/2020
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: ~4.70 GB
How to Update
This update is currently being rolled out in stages to fixed percentage of devices at a time and it might take a few weeks before it arrives on your device. You can manually check for update availability in your region through:
1. HiCare App
- Open the Support (HiCare) app.
- Go to Quick Services.
- Tap ‘More’ > ‘Update’.
- Press ‘Download & Install’ if an update is available
2. Update Utility
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Open ‘System Update’ > Check for Updates.
- ‘Download & Install’.
This update introduces EMUI 10.1, designed to deliver a finer-tuned user experience with a higher performance and more secure system. This operating system, based on distributed technologies, enables you to seamlessly interact across devices and enjoy a diverse range of features, including mobile office, in different scenarios. Install this update to facilitate a more intelligent life style.
1. Multi-screen Collaboration
- [Call answering] Allows you to pick up voice and video calls on your phone from your Huawei laptop.
- [File editing] Allows you to directly read and edit files on your phone from your Huawei laptop and share your phone’s network.
- Allows you to multitask with ease in Split-screen mode, and send messages using a floating window while watching videos or playing games. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and pause to display the Multi-Window dock. Hold an app icon in the dock and drag it to the side of the screen to enter split-screen view, or touch an app icon to display it in a floating window.
- Adds the MeeTime feature, allowing you to make HD video calls with beauty effects over Wi-Fi or data traffic. Enables you to share your current screen for easier communication during video calls. You can also write and draw on the screen, as if talking face to face with the other party.
4. System performance
- Optimizes the deterministic latency engine to provide you with a smoother system user experience.
- Adds the Smart Charge mode, reducing battery aging by adapting to your charging routine through AI learning and preventing the battery from being continuously charged when full. (This feature is enabled by default.)
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.