Huawei P20 (EML-L09) handsets are now receiving the 10.0.0.161 firmware update on various carrier networks in Canada via OTA. This update is based on EMUI 10 (Android 10 OS) and comes with security patch level of April 1, 2020.
- Device: Huawei P20
- Model: EML-L09
- Carrier(s): Telus, Roger
- Android: 10
- EMUI: 10
- Firmware: 10.0.0.161
- Build Number: EML-L09 10.0.0.161(C792)
- Cust Number: C792E9R1P3
- Android Security Patch: April 1, 2020
- Release Date: 27/06/2020
- Region: Canada
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
How to Update
A downloadable version of this firmware will be made available as soon as possible. Until then, you can manually check for OTA availability in your region through:
1. HiCare App
- Open the Support (HiCare) app.
- Go to Quick Services.
- Tap ‘More’ > ‘Update’.
- Press ‘Download & Install’ if an update is available
2. Update Utility
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Open ‘System Update’ > Check for Updates.
- ‘Download & Install’.
EMUI 10.0 is designed to further streamline and enhance the quality of your user experience. It provides users with a whole new, fine-tuned user interface designed to facilitate a smoother and more intuitive user experience. Enhanced data and privacy protection also brings you a more secure experience.
1. User interface
- Magazine Design Incorporates a magazine-style layout, for a more comfortable and authentic reading experience.
- Morandi Color Understated gray tones make for a gentler and more comfortable display.
- Animations Dynamic, naturally-based animations for page transitions, app launches, and other scenarios.
- GPU Turbo Improves the smoothness and stability of the system when playing games.
- Phone Clone Improves the connection and cloning speed.
- Formally verified microkernel Uses Huawei’s own self-developed microkernel design, certified as the most secure OS kernel for commercial use.
- Distributed technology Improves security when connecting to other Huawei devices, as well as when transferring files between and storing data on other Huawei devices.
- Privacy protection Supports app sandboxing capabilities for standardized app permission management and more secure data and privacy protection.
4. Media and entertainment
- AppAssistant dropzone Adds a dropzone for AppAssistant, allowing you to quickly access services such as game acceleration and do-not-disturb.
5. HUAWEI Assistant
- Adds HUAWEI Assistant to the home screen, providing smart reminders, personalized news, and other content relevant to you.
- Adds the HUAWEI Browser app, providing you with secure, convenient web browsing and searching services.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.