Honor View 20 (PCT-L29) handsets in Europe have officially been updated to firmware version 10.1.0.211, based on Magic UI 3.1 (EMUI 10.1). This update aims to improve system performance and adds several new features like split-screen mode, multi-device collaboration tools and Huawei Assistant.
- Device: Honor View 20
- Model: PCT-L29
- Android: 10
- Magic UI: 3.1 (EMUI 10.1)
- Firmware: 10.1.0.211
- Build Number: PCT-L29 10.1.0.211(C432)
- Cust Number: C432E10R2P5
- Android Security Patch: June 1, 2020
- Release Date: 12/07/2020
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: ~4.8 GB
How to Update
This update is being rolled out via OTA in phases to only a set percentage of devices at a time and it may take up to two weeks before it hits your device. You can manually check for update availability for your device using one of the following methods:
1. HiCare/Support App
- Open the Support app.
- Go to Quick Services.
- Tap ‘More’.
- Press ‘Update’.
- Tap ‘Download & Install’.
2. Update Utility
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Tap System Update > Check for Updates.
- Press ‘Download & Install’.
This update introduces Magic UI 3.1, designed to deliver a finer-tuned user experience with a higher performance and more secure system. This operating system, based on distributed technologies, enables you to seamlessly interact across devices and enjoy a diverse range of features, including mobile office, in different scenarios. Install this update to facilitate a more intelligent life style.
1. Quality user interface
- [Multi-Window] Allows you to multitask with ease in Split-screen mode, and send messages using a floating window while watching videos or playing games. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and pause to display the Multi-Window dock. Hold an app icon in the dock and drag it to the side of the screen to enter split-screen view, or touch an app icon to display it in a floating window.
2. Convenient Multi-Device Collaboration
- [Call answering] Allows you to pick up voice and video calls on your phone from your Huawei laptop.
- [File editing] Allows you to directly read and edit files on your phone from your Huawei laptop and share your phone’s network.
3. More handy features
- [System performance] Optimizes the deterministic latency engine to provide you with a smoother system user experience.
- [HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY] Adds HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY to the home screen, providing smart reminders, personalized news, and other content relevant to you.
- [Battery] Adds the Smart Charge mode, reducing battery aging by adapting to your charging routine through AI learning and preventing the battery from being continuously charged when full. (This feature is enabled by default.)
- Integrates Android security patches released in June 2020 for improved system security.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.