Huawei Mate 10 (ALP-L29) is officially being updated to firmware version 10.0.0.158 in Middle Eastern countries via OTA. This 4.4 GB update is based on Android 10 OS (EMUI 10.0) and comes with Android security patch level of April 1, 2020.
- Device: Huawei Mate 10
- Model: ALP-L29
- Android: 10
- EMUI: 10.0
- Firmware: 10.0.0.158
- Build Number: ALP-L29 10.0.0.158(C185)
- Cust Number: C185E4R1P3
- Android Security Patch: April 1, 2020
- Release Date: 16/07/2020
- Region: Middle East
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: 4.4 GB
How to Update
This update is being rolled out over the air throughout Middle East in stages. You can manually check for update availability in your region using one of the following two methods:
1. HiCare App
- Open the HiCare app.
- Go to Quick Services.
- Open ‘More’.
- Tap ‘Update’.
2. Update Utility
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Open ‘System Update’.
- Tap ‘Check for Updates’.
- Press Download & Install
EMUI 10.0 is designed to further streamline and enhance the quality of your user experience. It provides users with a whole new, fine-tuned user interface designed to facilitate a smoother and more intuitive user experience. Enhanced data and privacy protection also brings you a more secure experience.
1. User interface
- Magazine Design Incorporates a magazine-style layout, for a more comfortable and authentic reading experience.
- Morandi Color Understated gray tones make for a gentler and more comfortable display.
- Animations Dynamic, naturally-based animations for page transitions, app launches, and other scenarios.
- GPU Turbo Improves the smoothness and stability of the system when playing games.
- Phone Clone Improves the connection and cloning speed.
- Formally verified microkernel Uses Huawei’s own self-developed microkernel design, certified as the most secure OS kernel for commercial use.
- Distributed technology Improves security when connecting to other Huawei devices, as well as when transferring files between and storing data on other Huawei devices.
- Privacy protection Supports app sandboxing capabilities for standardized app permission management and more secure data and privacy protection.
4. Media and entertainment
- AppAssistant dropzone Adds a dropzone for AppAssistant, allowing you to quickly access services such as game acceleration and do-not-disturb.
- Adds the HUAWEI Browser app, providing you with secure, convenient web browsing and searching services.
7. Update Notes
1. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
2. Some third-party apps that are not compatible with Android 10 may function incorrectly after the update. It is recommended that you update these apps to their latest versions in app store.
3. If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
4. Your home screen layout may be rearranged slightly.
5. This system version can be rolled back to the official version of EMUI 9.1 in HiSuite. Rolling back the system version will erase your personal data. Please backup your data in advance.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.