Huawei Mate 20 devices in UK have just started receiving the EMUI 10.1 update, version 10.1.0.271, via OTA. This update comes with Android security patch level of June 1, 2020 and brings several new features & performance improvements.
- Device: Huawei Mate 20
- Model: HMA-L09
- Android: 10
- EMUI: 10.1
- Firmware: 10.1.0.271
- Build Number: HMA-L09 10.1.0.271(C432)
- Cust Number: C432E8R1P5
- Android Security Patch: June 1, 2020
- Release Date: 5/07/2020
- Region: UK
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: ~4.6 GB
How to Update
It may take upto a week before this update reaches your phone. You can try checking for its availability using one of the following methods.
- Open the Support app.
- Go to Quick Services.
- Tap ‘More’.
- Press ‘Update’.
- Tap ‘Download & Install’.
2. Update Utility
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Tap System Update > Check for Updates.
- Press ‘Download & Install’.
This update introduces EMUI 10.1, designed to deliver a finer-tuned user experience with a higher performance and more secure system. This operating system, based on distributed technologies, enables you to seamlessly interact across devices and enjoy a diverse range of features, including mobile office, in different scenarios. Install this update to facilitate a more intelligent life style.
1. Quality user interface
- [Multi-Window] Allows you to multitask with ease in Split-screen mode, and send messages using a floating window while watching videos or playing games. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and pause to display the Multi-Window dock. Hold an app icon in the dock and drag it to the side of the screen to enter split-screen view, or touch an app icon to display it in a floating window.
2. Multi-Device Collaboration
- [Call answering] Allows you to pick up voice and video calls on your phone from your Huawei laptop.
- [File editing] Allows you to directly read and edit files on your phone from your Huawei laptop and share your phone’s network.
3. Full security
- [Privacy compliance certification] Obtained the ISO/IEC 27701 certification.
- [Security] Integrates Android security patches released in June 2020 for improved system security.
4. More handy features
- [System performance] Optimizes the deterministic latency engine to provide you with a smoother system user experience.
- [Battery] Adds the Smart Charge mode, reducing battery aging by adapting to your charging routine through AI learning and preventing the battery from being continuously charged when full. (This feature is enabled by default.)
- [HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY] Adds HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY to the home screen, providing smart reminders, personalized news, and other content relevant to you.
- [Apps] Adds the HUAWEI Browser app, providing you with an all-new web browsing and searching experience.
5. Update notes:
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
- This system version can be rolled back to the official version of EMUI 10.0 in HiSuite. Rolling back the system version will erase your personal data. Please backup your data in advance.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.