Huawei Nova 5T (YAL-L21) is officially being updated to EMUI 10.1 firmware (version 10.1.0.226) in Middle Eastern countries. This update brings several new features like multi-window, MeeTime, multi-device collaboration tools along with system performance enhancements.
- Device: Huawei Nova 5T
- Model: YAL-L21
- Android: 10
- EMUI: 10.1
- Firmware: 10.1.0.226
- Build Number: YAL-L21 10.1.0.226(C185)
- Cust Number: C185E3R3P1
- Android Security Patch: June 1, 2020
- Release Date: 16/07/2020
- Region: Middle East
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: ~4.7 GB
How to Update
If you haven’t received this update yet, you can manually check for its availability for your phone using one of the following methods:
1. HiCare/Support App
- Open the Support app.
- Go to Quick Services.
- Tap ‘More’.
- Press ‘Update’.
- Tap ‘Download & Install’.
2. Update Utility
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Tap System Update > Check for Updates.
- Press ‘Download & Install’.
This update introduces EMUI 10.1, designed to deliver a finer-tuned user experience with a higher performance and more secure system. This operating system, based on distributed technologies, enables you to seamlessly interact across devices and enjoy a diverse range of features, including mobile office, in different scenarios. Install this update to facilitate a more intelligent life style.
1. Quality user interface
- [Multi-Window] Allows you to multitask with ease in Split-screen mode, and send messages using a floating window while watching videos or playing games. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and pause to display the Multi-Window dock. Hold an app icon in the dock and drag it to the side of the screen to enter split-screen view, or touch an app icon to display it in a floating window.
2. Convenient Multi-Device Collaboration
- [Call answering] Allows you to pick up voice and video calls on your phone from your Huawei laptop.
- [File editing] Allows you to directly read and edit files on your phone from your Huawei laptop and share your phone’s network.
3. Comprehensive MeeTime features
- [MeeTime] Adds the MeeTime app, allowing you to make HD video calls even in dark environments using a Wi-Fi or data network.
- [Screen sharing] Enables you to share your current screen for easier communication during video calls. You can also write and draw on the screen, as if talking face to face with the other party.
4. More handy features
- [System performance] Optimizes the deterministic latency engine to provide you with a smoother system user experience.
- [Battery] Adds the Smart Charge mode, reducing battery aging by adapting to your charging routine through AI learning and preventing the battery from being continuously charged when full. (This feature is enabled by default.)
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.