Huawei has officially started pushing the 10.1.0.123 (EMUI 10.1) firmware update to its P30 (ELE-L09) handsets in UK via OTA. This update comes with Android security patch level of May 1, 2020 and packs several new features like Split-screen mode, AOD, multi-device browsing and Huawei’s new Assistant app.
- Device: Huawei P30
- Model: ELE-L09
- Carrier: EE
- Android: 10
- EMUI: 10.1
- Firmware: 10.1.0.123
- Build Number: ELE-L09 10.1.0.123(C431)
- Cust Number: C431E22R2P5
- Android Security Patch: May 1, 2020
- Release Date: 3/07/2020
- Region: UK
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: ~4.5 GB
How to Update
If you haven’t received this update via OTA yet, you can try checking for its availability yourself using one of the following methods.
- Open the Support app.
- Go to Quick Services.
- Tap ‘More’.
- Press ‘Update’.
- Tap ‘Download & Install’ if an update is available
2. Update Utility
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Tap System Update > Check for Updates.
- Press ‘Download & Install’.
This update introduces EMUI 10.1, designed to deliver a finer-tuned user experience with a higher performance and more secure system. This operating system, based on distributed technologies, enables you to seamlessly interact across devices and enjoy a diverse range of features, including mobile office, in different scenarios. Install this update to facilitate a more intelligent life style.
1. User Interface
- [Always On Display] Allows the Always On Display clock to change colors dynamically based on the time of day. You can also download more styles from the Themes app.
- [Fingerprint animation] Adds three fingerprint unlock animation options.
- [Multi-Window] Allows you to multitask with ease in Split-screen mode, and send messages using a floating window while watching videos or playing games. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and pause to display the Multi-Window dock. Hold an app icon in the dock and drag it to the side of the screen to enter split-screen view, or touch an app icon to display it in a floating window.
2. Multi-Device Collaboration
- [Call answering] Allows you to pick up voice and video calls on your phone from your Huawei laptop.
- [File editing] Allows you to directly read and edit files on your phone from your Huawei laptop, and also share your phone’s network and sync notifications.
3. More handy features
- [Multi-device browsing] Introduces the Multi-device browsing capability to Gallery, allowing you to view, search, and share your photos and videos on any of your Huawei devices (including phones, tablets, and smart TVs) that are logged in to your HUAWEI ID, on the same home Wi-Fi network, and have Bluetooth turned on.
4. HUAWEI Assistant
- Adds HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY to the home screen, providing smart reminders, personalized news, and other content relevant to you.
Integrates Android security patches released in May 2020 for improved system security.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.