Huawei has pushed a new firmware update, version 10.1.0.142, to its P40 Pro (ELS-NX9) handsets in Asian Pacific countries including Australia. This 600 MB update bumps the Android security patch level to June 1, 2020 and aims at improving camera quality, system stability and power consumption.
- Device: Huawei P40 Pro
- Model: ELS-NX9
- Android: 10
- EMUI: 10.1
- Firmware: 10.1.0.142
- Build Number: ELS-NX9 10.1.0.142(C636)
- Cust Number: C636E8R4P1
- Android Security Patch: June 1, 2020
- Release Date: 12/07/2020
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: ~593 MB
How to Update
You can manually check for update availability for your device using one of the following methods:
1. HiCare/Support App
- Open the Support app.
- Go to Quick Services.
- Tap ‘More’.
- Press ‘Update’.
- Tap ‘Download & Install’.
2. Update Utility
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Tap System Update > Check for Updates.
- Press ‘Download & Install’.
This update improves photo quality and camera focus performance, and also optimizes and extends the battery life.
- Improves photo quality and camera focus performance in certain situations.
- Optimizes system power consumption in certain scenarios for extended use. Improves system stability.
- Integrates Android security patches released in June 2020 for improved system security.
4. Update notes:
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.