Huawei has officially pushed a new firmware update, tagged with version number 184.108.40.2068, to its Y9 2019 (JKM-LX2) handsets in Asian Pacific countries. You can find the full technical details and the official changelog of this update below.
- Device: Huawei Y9 2019
- Model: JKM-LX2
- Android: 9.0 (Pie)
- EMUI: 9.1
- Firmware: 220.127.116.118
- Build Number: JKM-LX2 18.104.22.1688(C636)
- Android Security Patch: June 1, 2020
- Release Date: 15/07/2020
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: ~1 GB
How to Update
If you haven’t received this update yet, you can manually check for its availability for your phone using one of the following methods:
1. HiCare/Support App
- Open the Support app.
- Go to Quick Services.
- Tap ‘More’.
- Press ‘Update’.
- Tap ‘Download & Install’.
2. Update Utility
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Tap System Update > Check for Updates.
- Press ‘Download & Install’.
This update adds the Smart Charge mode, reducing battery aging by adapting to your charging routine through AI learning and preventing the battery from being continuously charged when full.
- Adds the Smart Charge mode, reducing battery aging by adapting to your charging routine through AI learning and preventing the battery from being continuously charged when full. (This feature is enabled by default.) Adds the Smart Battery Capacity feature, reducing battery aging by intelligently adjusting the battery capacity according to the battery status.Go to Settings > Battery > More battery settings and enable Smart Battery Capacity to try it out.
- Adds the HUAWEI Browser app, providing you with an all-new web browsing and searching experience.
3. Update notes:
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.