Huawei has officially begun the rollout of EMUI 10.1 firmware update, version 10.1.0.277, to Mate 20 Pro (LYA-L09) handsets in Mexico. Apart from the new features introduced in EMUI 10.1, this update also brings improved system performance improvements and July’s security patches. Full changelog of this update is provided below.
- Device: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Model: LYA-L09
- Android: 10
- EMUI: 10.1
- Firmware: 10.1.0.277
- Build Number: LYA-L09 10.1.0.277(C69)
- Cust Number: C69E11R1P5
- Android Security Patch: July 1, 2020
- Release Date: 25/08/2020
- Region: Mexico
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: ~5.1 GB
How to Update
As OTA updates are rolled out in stages to specific set of devices at a time, it may take up to 2 weeks before it reaches your phone. You can manually check for updates using one of the following tools:
1. Support App
- Open Support (HiCare) app.
- Go to Quick Service > ‘More’.
- Press ‘Update’.
- Tap ‘Download & Install’.
2. Update Utility
- Open the Settings app > System.
- Tap System Update.
- Press Check for Updates.
- Press ‘Download & Install’.
This update introduces EMUI 10.1, designed to deliver a finer-tuned user experience with a higher performance and more secure system. This operating system, based on distributed technologies, enables you to seamlessly interact across devices and enjoy a diverse range of features, including mobile office, in different scenarios. Install this update to facilitate a more intelligent life style.
1. Quality user interface
- [Always On Display] Allows the Always On Display clock to change colors dynamically based on the time of day. You can also download more styles from the Themes app. Adds a tri-dimensional clock style option to Always On Display.
- [Fingerprint animation] Adds three fingerprint unlock animation options.
- [Multi-Window] Allows you to multitask with ease in Split-screen mode, and send messages using a floating window while watching videos or playing games. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and pause to display the Multi-Window dock. Hold an app icon in the dock and drag it to the side of the screen to enter split-screen view, or touch an app icon to display it in a floating window.
2. Convenient Multi-Device Collaboration
- [Call answering] Allows you to pick up voice and video calls on your phone from your Huawei laptop.
- [File editing] Allows you to directly read and edit files on your phone from your Huawei laptop and share your phone’s network.
4. More handy features
- [System performance] Optimizes the deterministic latency engine to provide you with a smoother system user experience.
- [Battery] Adds the Smart Charge mode, reducing battery aging by adapting to your charging routine through AI learning and preventing the battery from being continuously charged when full. (This feature is enabled by default.)
- [Privacy compliance certification] Obtained the ISO/IEC 27701 certification.
- [Security] Integrates Android security patches released in July 2020 for improved system security.
6. Update notes:
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.