Official August security update, firmware version 10.1.0.150, for Huawei P30 (ELE-L29) handsets in Europe can now be downloaded for manual installation via the direct links provided here. This firmware is based on EMUI 10.1 (Android 10) and weighs around 4 GB. You can find the full technical details as well as the instructions for installation below.
- Device: Huawei P30
- Model: ELE-L29
- Android: 10
- EMUI: 10.1
- Firmware: 10.1.0.150
- Previous Version: 10.1.0.140
- Build Number: ELE-L29 10.1.0.150(C431)
- Cust Number: C431E22R2P5
- Kernel Version: 4.14.116
- Android Security Patch: August 1, 2020
- Release Date: 15/8/2020
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: Full firmware image
Download Links: Click Here | Size: 4.40 GB
How to Install
Compatibility: This update should only be installed on the ELE-L29 variant that’s already running a C431 (Europe) based EMUI 10.1 firmware.
- Take full backup of your important apps & data.
- You’ll require either an external OTG storage or an NM Card with at least 8 GB of free space.
- Make sure there’s at least 40% battery left in the device.
2. How to Update
- Download the firmware package on your computer using the link provided above.
- Extract the contents of the zip package. You should get 2 folders: ‘Software and ‘ReleaseDoc’.
- Inside the Software folder, you’ll find another folder named ‘dload’.
- Copy this entire dload folder with all its contents to an external storage (OTG/NM Card).
- Now open the dialer app on your phone and enter *#*#2846579#*#*
- Next, go to Software Update > Memory Card Upgrade and proceed with the update installation.
- Your device will automatically verify the update package and start its installation after rebooting into recovery.
This update improves system security with Android security patches.
- Integrates Android security patches released in August 2020 for improved system security.
2. Update notes:
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.