Huawei has begun rolling out a new firmware update, version 126.96.36.1994, to its P10 Lite (WAS-LX1A) handsets in several European countries via OTA. This update brings July’s security patches and adds the new Huawei Assistant app to the homescreen.
- Device: Huawei P10 Lite
- Model: WAS-LX1A
- Android: 8.0 (Oreo)
- EMUI: 8.0
- Firmware: 188.8.131.524
- Build Number: WAS-LX1A 184.108.40.2064(C432)
- Cust Number: CUSTC432D1
- Android Security Patch: July 1, 2020
- Release Date: 20/10/2020
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: ~783 MB
How to Update
This update is being rolled out over the air and it may take up to 4 weeks to reach your device. Until a manually downloadable version of this firmware is available you can try checking for its availability through Settings > System > System Update > Check for updates.
This update adds HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY to the home screen, providing smart reminders, personalized news, and other content relevant to you.
1. HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY
- Adds HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY to the home screen, providing smart reminders, personalized news, and other content relevant to you.
- Adds the fixed 4-digit and 6-digit lock screen PIN options. Adds the Emergency SOS feature. Press the power button five times in a row to enable it. Your phone will then send your exact location with latitude and longitude coordinates to your contacts multiple times.
- Screen will not turn off as long as it recognizes there is a face in the viewfinder.
- Integrates Android security patches released in July 2020 for improved system security.
5. Update Notes
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.